Ramones best gig ever: London 1977 !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ramones best gig ever: London 1977 !

Post  650zed on Thu 12 Jun - 12:04

A couple of songs from this gig of the Ramones in London in 1977. Their best gig ever, absolutely...! Pure raw energy...!
(You can download the complete concert on pear-to-pear programs very easily)

Ramones, Cretin hop, London 1977
Ramones, Glad to see you go, London 1977
Ramoones, Do you wanna dance, London 1977
Ramones, Blitzkrieg Bop, London 1977
Ramones, Commando, London 1977

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Ramones best gig ever: London 1977 !

Post  pantah on Thu 12 Jun - 18:01

Als jij de Ramones het einde vindt, dan zijn we al met twee Cool

Ik was tien jaar toen ik mijn eerste Ramones-plaat in handen kreeg en sedertdien was ik verkocht aan hun sound: Rock & roll hoe het moet: kort, hard en basic Twisted Evil

Ik heb een vijftiental bootleg-optredens in mp3 staan, naast mijn collectie vinyl en cd's

pantah
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Thu 12 Jun - 18:23

pantah wrote:Ik was tien jaar toen ik mijn eerste Ramones-plaat in handen kreeg en sedertdien was ik verkocht aan hun sound: Rock & roll hoe het moet: kort, hard en basic Twisted Evil
Exactly: like Joey Ramone said once in some interview: no bullshit, no guitar solos, just short and powerful songs!
By the way, did you read Dee Dee Ramone's book "Surviving the Ramones" ? Great book, telling everything about them... Surprising and fascinating he he he

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  caferacer 1975 on Thu 12 Jun - 18:36

ja en dan zijn we al met z'n 3en....

The Ramones heb ik gezien op pukkelpop in '91...wat een energie....en wat een vette muziek om voor het podium te staan...

bounce bounce
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pantah on Thu 12 Jun - 18:46

I must have seen the Ramones live about ten times, but I think they were at their best around the mid-80's, just when 'Too though too die' was released. Their sound was really powerful at that time. Ritchie had good influence on the band, I think, allthough Johnny was always 'the boss'. CJ was also a credit to the band. I was sad when Deedee left, but CJ made up for it!
'Strength to endure' was one of the best songs the Ramones ever wrote with CJ doing the vocals.

pantah
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Thu 12 Jun - 19:12

pantah wrote:I must have seen the Ramones live about ten times, but I think they were at their best around the mid-80's, just when 'Too though too die' was released. Their sound was really powerful at that time. Ritchie had good influence on the band, I think, allthough Johnny was always 'the boss'. CJ was also a credit to the band. I was sad when Deedee left, but CJ made up for it!
'Strength to endure' was one of the best songs the Ramones ever wrote with CJ doing the vocals.

For me, the best period was at the time of Dee dee... When he left, it started to become some everyday-job for them and you could see that. During Dee dee's time, it was still "wild" and they were still hoping to make it big... You saw the documentary film, 'End of the century'? When Johnny says " We had to accept it [never become really a big band]. Keep on, don't disappoint the fans, and that's it." Of course I understand them. I would have done the same, probably. Still, to listen to, for me the best are the first LPs, Ramones, ROcket to Russia, etc.
Of course, even after the mid eighties, they kept producing good songs (mostly written by dee dee), I love things like Poison Heart, I don't want to grow up, etc...
Still, all together: one of the best band ever. One-two-three-four...!!!!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  pantah on Thu 12 Jun - 23:35

Well, I can't help thinking that if they would have made it big after the Phil Spector album, they would have to make more and more compromises to be 'accepted' by the mainstream public. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Phil Spector album, but with Graham Gouldman as their producer, in my opinion, they must have made their 'weakest' album ever 'Pleasant dreams'.

After that came 'Subterranean jungle', which lit the spark of what they should have kept doing: no more overproduced albums and back to basics, which was their first philosophy when they started out. When 'Too though to die' was released and I saw them performing some songs on 'old grey whistle test' (can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGA4slO51OA ), that's when I jumped out of my chair and yelled: YEAH! I always knew they could come back this strong. I felt the same anxiety as when I heard the first album. It's true that after Deedee left, the live shows were becoming more routine, but still exiting and as a fan you always got what you payed for: about 50 songs in one hour Twisted Evil

pantah
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pantah on Thu 12 Jun - 23:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbbnpu3VZB8&feature=related

I was there on first row

The guy that took the interview off Deedee, you might know: Bart Peeters?

I even remember being very cross with Paul Weller who claimed later in that tv-show about the Ramones: 'it's not really my sort of music'. I thought like:'Hello Paul?? Who must have inspired you on forming the Jam??' Evil or Very Mad

He was there at that festival with his band from those days 'the Style Council', which was complete shite

pantah
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooie Ben on Fri 13 Jun - 0:06

pantah wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbbnpu3VZB8&feature=related

I was there on first row

The guy that took the interview off Deedee, you might know: Bart Peeters?

I even remember being very cross with Paul Weller who claimed later in that tv-show about the Ramones: 'it's not really my sort of music'. I thought like:'Hello Paul?? Who must have inspired you on forming the Jam??' Evil or Very Mad

He was there at that festival with his band from those days 'the Style Council', which was complete shite
I'll wish i could have been there , but at the time i was kind of occupied for a few years lol!
Rooie Ben
Veteran Racer

View user profile http://www.snuffelkleintjes.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Fri 13 Jun - 9:37

pantah wrote:Well, I can't help thinking that if they would have made it big after the Phil Spector album, they would have to make more and more compromises to be 'accepted' by the mainstream public. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Phil Spector album, but with Graham Gouldman as their producer, in my opinion, they must have made their 'weakest' album ever 'Pleasant dreams'.

After that came 'Subterranean jungle', which lit the spark of what they should have kept doing: no more overproduced albums and back to basics, which was their first philosophy when they started out. When 'Too though to die' was released and I saw them performing some songs on 'old grey whistle test' (can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGA4slO51OA ), that's when I jumped out of my chair and yelled: YEAH! I always knew they could come back this strong. I felt the same anxiety as when I heard the first album. It's true that after Deedee left, the live shows were becoming more routine, but still exiting and as a fan you always got what you payed for: about 50 songs in one hour Twisted Evil

The one from Phil (gunman) Spector, is that the one with "Chinese Rocks" on it? And "Rock'n'roll radio" ? That LP is a great one!
About the grey wistle test, i prefer this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PKWeAMQBI&feature=related
Especially the song "She's the one"... You can see how Dee Dee was full of energy (amongst other things ), and the way he was still playing downstroke all the time, playing like a drummer on his bass... That is the real recipe of raw energy!

About compromissions, they did it anyway, of course, they were just human beings, and all very different inside the band, like right-wing Johnny and kind of left-activist Joey, that's life... I can live with this, no problem

By the way, it looks like there could be a separate forum only for the Ramones !!!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

saw them in rotterdam live at the lantaren gouvernestraat

Post  amj2011 on Wed 15 Jun - 18:54

there is really nothing to tell they came and conquer, it's the enormous energy you felt hearing them, and even to day seeing afetr so many years, it's still there after they're gone...........

amj2011
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Wed 22 Jun - 9:40

amj2011 wrote:there is really nothing to tell they came and conquer, it's the enormous energy you felt hearing them, and even to day seeing afetr so many years, it's still there after they're gone...........
I agree.
And just one other thing: who are you????????

Please introduce yourself under section"New member, start here", before you start posting in the forum.
Thanx.

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top