while my T150 is picture of the day.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

while my T150 is picture of the day.....

Post  Mingh on Sat 14 Jun - 11:56

... you're most welcome to make suggestions for a Light cafe´fication. currently it's fully original and i'm looking to some slight touches that make it look a bit harder without altering the essense of the bike. I don't want to destroy any parts such that i can always revert it back to its original state Also, it's got to remain a 2 seater.

Things where i'm looking most for are a 1 1/2 saddle with a bump behind, or a way to fit a cover over the rear end (like they do on modern thruxtons) Also: where to find these tiny rear lights? I've not yet found a fitting set of clipons

Most work and costs will be spent in the engine. This winter it's getting a bit of a makeover.
-new exhaust collector
-new hot valves, guides (it's starting to smoke a bit after 35 years)
-perforated air filters
-carb revision
-if there's substantial wear on the pistons or rods, then i may throw in a 900cc kit
Last winter it had a new oil circuit, new primary drive and final drive, revision of the clutch. So by the start of the next season this bike should be totally made over.

shoot!

Mingh
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: while my T150 is picture of the day.....

Post  650zed on Sat 14 Jun - 16:00

If I were you, I'd put - as you suggested - a 1 and half seat. That's what I did (found one on marktplaats for 15 euros) and I like it. I also didn't want to make any definitive changes, cos i never know what i will do with my bike later, and maybe I'll need to put it back to its original condition, for example to sell it, or whatever. I put an M bar but i keept the original handlebar and the original seat as well.

For the rear lights and the clip-ons, check Rocket Caferacer Parts, in the links. Rocket is also member of the forum. I got my Mbar from him, and my handlebar-miror, and I'm pleased with them.

An Mbar (or clip-ons), a good seat, a handlebar miror and some nice colour and decalls can radically change a bike!

Be carefull if you change the air filters. I heared about a lot of people starting to get troubles - with many different bikes, where ever they came from - from the moment they altered the air, and so changed the mixing air/gas...

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Mingh on Sat 14 Jun - 17:06

650zed wrote:If I were you, I'd put - as you suggested - a 1 and half seat. That's what I did (found one on marktplaats for 15 euros) and I like it. I also didn't want to make any definitive changes, cos i never know what i will do with my bike later, and maybe I'll need to put it back to its original condition, for example to sell it, or whatever. I put an M bar but i keept the original handlebar and the original seat as well.

For the rear lights and the clip-ons, check Rocket Caferacer Parts, in the links. Rocket is also member of the forum. I got my Mbar from him, and my handlebar-miror, and I'm pleased with them.

An Mbar (or clip-ons), a good seat, a handlebar miror and some nice colour and decalls can radically change a bike!

Be carefull if you change the air filters. I heared about a lot of people starting to get troubles - with many different bikes, where ever they came from - from the moment they altered the air, and so changed the mixing air/gas...
cheers for the feedback.

As to the air filters: i'll probably fit the more aestetic version of the original trident (a chromed, perforated one) It's true that simply fitting another set of air filters mangles up the air/fuel mixture. but i'll have to sync the carbs in the near future.

Mingh
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Mon 23 Jun - 14:32

Here is a 1970 Triumph T120 Cafe Racer:

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ton Up Boy on Tue 24 Jun - 0:53

Pretty Nice Trident in "Slippery Sam" outfit.
Belongs to one of the most fanatic Trident owners I know; Tinus van 't Schip from Amsterdam.
Besides this beaty,he also has a T150 powered Triton and a mildly modified T150
Ton Up Boy
Veteran Racer

View user profile http://www.roadrocketclub.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top