Buying a bike.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buying a bike.

Post  XCANUC on Sun 24 Jan - 22:14

So I thought I had a new to me bike today. I talked to the owner on the phone and we planned on meeting to check out the bike at 11:00am today. It was over an hour drive. I got there right on time and the guy wasn't there yet. So I waited for 15 minutes until he showed up. We finally go over to look at the bike and he tells me that he forgot the key. Then his friend can't find the ownership for it. I guess the owner of the shop we were at owned the bike, sold it to some guy named Steve, he sold it to some guy named James. Well I guess James didn't pay for it and Steve took it back and then sold it to the current owner. So who knows where the title is and whose name it is in.

After the title story I told the owner if he gets the title and keys to give me a call. We go to the house to get a piece of paper to write down my info. As I get close to the house I notice half of the outside siding is missing. Then we go inside. Shocked There was plywood floors, half of the drywall was missing, completely filthy. There was about 20 guns laying around. All I could think of was I hope they don't think I have a "perty mouth". Shocked Then to top it all off was I saw 2 rats running around the kitchen. How can people live like that? I had to take a shower as soon as I got home.

So still no bike yet. The search continues.
Steve

PS To top off the weird day, I picked up some Chinese food and the fortune cookies teaches you Chinese. The word for this cookie????????? Disease.
XCANUC
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Buying a bike.

Post  MIOB on Sun 24 Jan - 22:42

Always wanted to go on vacation to Canada some day.

just changed my mind Wink

MIOB
Veteran Racer

View user profile http://bmwcafe.blogspot.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  MIOB on Sun 24 Jan - 22:45

Only kidding.... Before I became a student a worked a few years as some kind of delivery guy. I had to replace broken coffee machines, beertenders and mobile phones. You really, really, really don't want to know what kind of houses I had to enter (very rarely though, thank god).

I think 'excentric' people like this can be found all over the world. Just glad fore arms aren't legal over here (though I stumbled across one once.....)

MIOB
Veteran Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  kornfed on Sun 24 Jan - 22:54

Shit man it looks like you've bin to my place only the rats are for dinner! haha
But anyway how's the wheater overthere? Canada seems cold no wonder rats stay inside.
In the Netherlands the wheater sucks. My bike needs some air but it is to cold.

goodluck in buying a bike.

grtzz Hans
kornfed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kornfed on Sun 24 Jan - 22:56

o yeah when you order chinese food overhere you don't get a fortune cookie but sambal
kornfed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XCANUC on Mon 25 Jan - 1:02

You guys crack me up. Yes Canada sucks. I hate living here after spending 12 years in Los Angeles. Riding year round and having some amazing canyon roads as your own personal racetrack. Not to mention not getting taxed out of your ass. The weather here is bad. This was the first day we have been over the freezing mark in a month or two.

Yep. Freaks are everywhere. It is just shocking when you run across them sometimes. As for gun laws here in Canada, they are pretty strict. Most of his were probably illegal. If I go back to pick up the bike I will shoot some pics of his yard and house if I can. You will get a laugh.

Steve

PS I just searched sambal and it looks good. I love spicy food. I will ask the local Chinese place to see if they have it. Hopefully it won't give me the ring of fire.
XCANUC
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TinTin on Mon 25 Jan - 10:15

if you can find green sambal... (Sambal Rawit)

that will give you the ring of fire for sure!

(I'm totaly into sambal you can get it on virtually every streetcorner in many variaties here in Holland)
TinTin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Mon 25 Jan - 21:16

Steve , good thing you came out there in on piece, if it werent the guns , it would be the rats,....
And on top of it all your fortune coockie said , disease.... coincidence??

p.s. : indeed , sambal is the max , it goes mostly on everything. Harissa is also very nice.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z666 on Mon 25 Jan - 21:55

The guy you wanted to buy from was probably just another caféracerfreak...
But the project got out of hand financially and he had to sell everthing and had to heat he's place in winter by burning his outside sidings and his hardwood floor
Completly normal...
i have the same problem

Z666
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MIOB on Mon 25 Jan - 22:03

Z666 wrote:The guy you wanted to buy from was probably just another caféracerfreak...
But the project got out of hand financially and he had to sell everthing and had to heat he's place in winter by burning his outside sidings and his hardwood floor
Completly normal...
i have the same problem

Why am I not suprised??

(for those who haven't noticed, he's from Belgium Twisted Evil )

Us Dutch would be to greedy and cheap to burn the walls, we'd just be REALLY cold. jocolor

MIOB
Veteran Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Mon 25 Jan - 22:24

lol...im glad you said That MIOB , but its a nice way to keep the rats out Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MIOB on Mon 25 Jan - 22:31

Hehehe, yeah I'm REALLY good at making friends Wink

MIOB
Veteran Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  XCANUC on Mon 25 Jan - 23:21

You guys crack me up. My next door neighbor is Dutch. I will have to talk some smack next time I see him.

Z666 wrote:The guy you wanted to buy from was probably just another caféracerfreak...
Completly normal...
i have the same problem

I could at least possibly start to understand then, but unfortunately that was not the case. I really have to go back and take some pics. Have you ever seen the movie Deliverance? These guys looked like the ones from the movie that lived in the forest and wanted people to "squeal like a pig".

Steve
XCANUC
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MIOB on Mon 25 Jan - 23:29

Somehow, I don't know why, going back to take pictures doens't seem to be a very smart move...

Picture this: You're walking up to that house full of guns. You see the guy and ask him: "your house is the filthiest I've ever seen, you're the ugliest I've ever seen and your rats are the biggest I've ever seen. I'm so disgusted by you, your house and your pets that I want to share your shitty situation with the whole world. Is it ok if I take some photo's?"

this is not going to end well.....

MIOB
Veteran Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Wed 27 Jan - 9:43

MIOB wrote:Somehow, I don't know why, going back to take pictures doens't seem to be a very smart move...

Picture this: You're walking up to that house full of guns. You see the guy and ask him: "your house is the filthiest I've ever seen, you're the ugliest I've ever seen and your rats are the biggest I've ever seen. I'm so disgusted by you, your house and your pets that I want to share your shitty situation with the whole world. Is it ok if I take some photo's?"

this is not going to end well.....

I believe he's right Xcanuc, if you wanna live and be able to participate on this forum... Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top