my first project bike

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my first project bike

Post  794banger on Sun 7 Mar - 3:02

I picked up this '79 Honda CB750K from my work. I work for a towing company and we got it as an abatemant. After sitting on it for a mandatory 30+ days I bought it lein sale for $200. It needed a starter, battery, and I put a new ignition switch in it. I changed the oil and filter, and put in a new set of plugs. All together around $500 and it runs and drives, I'm very excited.

This is the shape it was in when I got it. I have so far stripped and painted the tank flat black, and painted the emblems black with red letters. I took out the stock air box, and will be installing individual air filters on the carbs (if anyone has any recomendations as to what jet size I should run and where to get jets that size, please let me know). I read somewhere that using one filter per carb will require bigger jets. I'm currently in the process of reshaping and recovering the seat. The next area I plan on addressing is suspension and handle bars. Again, any suggestions for how to lower it are greatly appreciated as well as suggestions on sources for new/used/custom parts.

794banger
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my first project bike

Post  andreas on Sun 7 Mar - 12:05

Hi Banger - you lucky guy, 500 bucks for the bike - this is a good deal! Sent us some bigger pic`s, so we can see more details. You find alot 4 cylinder Honds here - i`m sure you get the infos you`re looking for.
CJ work on a 4 cylinder at the moment! Also Kornfed !

Andreas
andreas

View user profile http://www.retrospeedstyle61.de

Back to top Go down

Re: my first project bike

Post  CJ on Sun 7 Mar - 20:41

Yes indeed I'm working on a 4cil honda.

Nice to have another one here...

CJ
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down