how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helmet that it doesn't look like your calimero...

Post  caferacer 1975 on Sun 19 Jun - 22:24

What brands of helmets ar there that look like it fits better. At the moment i have a helmet that looks like i have a big head afro (with al the padding inside). A bit like calimero but with a black egg shell. And the goggles don't really fit because of the distance between my face and the helmet.

I have seen the davida classics and there is a guy on marktplaats who sells helmets that look like the ones i want. But they are not approved for the dutch roads.

ar there more brands....? Where in Holland can i buy them...?

Tanx and i hope your all good...

jocolor

Last edited by caferacer 1975 on Mon 20 Jun - 21:11; edited 1 time in total
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  Tobias on Mon 20 Jun - 2:03

biltwell,
and just fuck the rules, i have a chrome german helmet which i ride everyday on my moped..havent had a single problem

Tobias
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sven on Mon 20 Jun - 12:54

RaceRon wrote:

Like i wrote earlier, i always dress up in an old leather racingsuit, i have two of them, a thin one for summer temperatures and a thicker for some colder days.

Now that's some decent looking riding gear and should provide more or less state of the art protection!
Helmet decor ain't 100% my cup of tea but that's what the new ones look like.
I had to pay some additional 50 or so only to get my Shark in black...

Best regards
Sven

sven
GP Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockers CT on Tue 12 Jul - 0:41

Just some shots of my riding gear... Only thing holding it all together is patches and chewing gum!!!

Cheers
SETH
Rockers CT
Racer

View user profile http://www.rockersct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Thu 14 Jul - 19:19

Crackin' Seth!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  caferacer 1975 on Sat 16 Jul - 12:39

great looking rocker jack.....and helmet...! That's the style i am looking for.
jocolor

caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockers CT on Thu 4 Aug - 22:28

Its at least 18 years old!
Rockers CT
Racer

View user profile http://www.rockersct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greasyspoon on Thu 2 Feb - 2:01

Oh dear, this must be the gayest thread on here. Who cares what you look like!

greasyspoon
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  caferacer 1975 on Fri 13 Apr - 12:02

greasyspoon wrote:Oh dear, this must be the gayest thread on here. Who cares what you look like!

Yes! I care and i am not gay....or maybe i am....who cares... Wink

jocolor
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greasyspoon on Fri 13 Apr - 22:48

caferacer 1975 wrote:What brands of helmets ar there that look like it fits better. At the moment i have a helmet that looks like i have a big head afro (with al the padding inside). A bit like calimero but with a black egg shell. And the goggles don't really fit because of the distance between my face and the helmet.

I have seen the davida classics and there is a guy on marktplaats who sells helmets that look like the ones i want. But they are not approved for the dutch roads.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone with the gay thing, it's just a turn of phrase, maybe I should say 'ghey'.
But why oh why buy gear that's not safe such as a pudding basin helmet? The Dutch authorities don't allow them because they are not safe in an accident, not because they are fashion police in a fashion parade. Get real, wear a proper full face helmet with visor, something that will save your life.
Remember a cafe racer bike isn't something to adorn with fashion accessories, people might start to think you are just doing it for the image it gives you. A cafe racer bike finds it's own form through function.

greasyspoon
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  caferacer 1975 on Sat 14 Apr - 12:24

greasyspoon wrote:
caferacer 1975 wrote:What brands of helmets ar there that look like it fits better. At the moment i have a helmet that looks like i have a big head afro (with al the padding inside). A bit like calimero but with a black egg shell. And the goggles don't really fit because of the distance between my face and the helmet.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone with the gay thing, it's just a turn of phrase, maybe I should say 'ghey'.
But why oh why buy gear that's not safe such as a pudding basin helmet? The Dutch authorities don't allow them because they are not safe in an accident, not because they are fashion police in a fashion parade. Get real, wear a proper full face helmet with visor, something that will save your life.
Remember a cafe racer bike isn't something to adorn with fashion accessories, people might start to think you are just doing it for the image it gives you. A cafe racer bike finds it's own form through function.

You are fully right on the safety issue, that's why i am looking for a helmet that looks like an early day caferacer helmet (like de davida's). And i'm not buying the stuff that isn't approved. But i also think that it is nice to make an afford on looking good on a caferacer bike. I like the style and my personal opinion is that i don't want to look like a modern day rider on an outdated bike. And as you see on this forum there are many more riders that like a kind of style, as it is with chopper or racer bikes riders.

And i am not offended by the gay remark i just wan't to be free in asking my own questions, free in how to ride my bike in what clothes i want to wear. That's all.

jocolor

And it probably is the gayest thread on here.....
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top