how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helmet that it doesn't look like your calimero...

Post  caferacer 1975 on Sun 19 Jun - 22:24

What brands of helmets ar there that look like it fits better. At the moment i have a helmet that looks like i have a big head afro (with al the padding inside). A bit like calimero but with a black egg shell. And the goggles don't really fit because of the distance between my face and the helmet.

I have seen the davida classics and there is a guy on marktplaats who sells helmets that look like the ones i want. But they are not approved for the dutch roads.

ar there more brands....? Where in Holland can i buy them...?


Tanx and i hope your all good...

jocolor


Last edited by caferacer 1975 on Mon 20 Jun - 21:11; edited 1 time in total
avatar
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 48
Location : utrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  Tobias on Mon 20 Jun - 2:03

biltwell,
and just fuck the rules, i have a chrome german helmet which i ride everyday on my moped..havent had a single problem

Tobias
Racer

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  sven on Mon 20 Jun - 12:54

RaceRon wrote:

Like i wrote earlier, i always dress up in an old leather racingsuit, i have two of them, a thin one for summer temperatures and a thicker for some colder days.


Now that's some decent looking riding gear and should provide more or less state of the art protection!
Helmet decor ain't 100% my cup of tea but that's what the new ones look like.
I had to pay some additional 50 or so only to get my Shark in black...

Best regards
Sven

avatar
sven
GP Legend

Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Grafing close to Munich (Germany)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  Rockers CT on Tue 12 Jul - 0:41

Just some shots of my riding gear... Only thing holding it all together is patches and chewing gum!!!












Cheers
SETH
avatar
Rockers CT
Racer

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-02-09
Age : 39
Location : Connecticut. USA

View user profile http://www.rockersct.com

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  Toecutter on Thu 14 Jul - 19:19

Crackin' Seth!

_________________
CB750 K6 '76 ; Work in Progress
avatar
Toecutter
Moderator

Posts : 1698
Join date : 2008-08-01
Age : 35
Location : Belgium, Schilde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  caferacer 1975 on Sat 16 Jul - 12:39

great looking rocker jack.....and helmet...! That's the style i am looking for.
jocolor



avatar
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 48
Location : utrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  Rockers CT on Thu 4 Aug - 22:28

Its at least 18 years old!
avatar
Rockers CT
Racer

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-02-09
Age : 39
Location : Connecticut. USA

View user profile http://www.rockersct.com

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  greasyspoon on Thu 2 Feb - 2:01

Oh dear, this must be the gayest thread on here. Who cares what you look like!

greasyspoon
Novice Racer

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-11-26
Age : 55
Location : Cumbria, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  caferacer 1975 on Fri 13 Apr - 12:02

greasyspoon wrote:Oh dear, this must be the gayest thread on here. Who cares what you look like!

Yes! I care and i am not gay....or maybe i am....who cares... Wink

jocolor
avatar
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 48
Location : utrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  greasyspoon on Fri 13 Apr - 22:48

caferacer 1975 wrote:What brands of helmets ar there that look like it fits better. At the moment i have a helmet that looks like i have a big head afro (with al the padding inside). A bit like calimero but with a black egg shell. And the goggles don't really fit because of the distance between my face and the helmet.

I have seen the davida classics and there is a guy on marktplaats who sells helmets that look like the ones i want. But they are not approved for the dutch roads.

ar there more brands....? Where in Holland can i buy them...?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone with the gay thing, it's just a turn of phrase, maybe I should say 'ghey'.
But why oh why buy gear that's not safe such as a pudding basin helmet? The Dutch authorities don't allow them because they are not safe in an accident, not because they are fashion police in a fashion parade. Get real, wear a proper full face helmet with visor, something that will save your life.
Remember a cafe racer bike isn't something to adorn with fashion accessories, people might start to think you are just doing it for the image it gives you. A cafe racer bike finds it's own form through function.

greasyspoon
Novice Racer

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-11-26
Age : 55
Location : Cumbria, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  caferacer 1975 on Sat 14 Apr - 12:24

greasyspoon wrote:
caferacer 1975 wrote:What brands of helmets ar there that look like it fits better. At the moment i have a helmet that looks like i have a big head afro (with al the padding inside). A bit like calimero but with a black egg shell. And the goggles don't really fit because of the distance between my face and the helmet.

I have seen the davida classics and there is a guy on marktplaats who sells helmets that look like the ones i want. But they are not approved for the dutch roads.

ar there more brands....? Where in Holland can i buy them...?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone with the gay thing, it's just a turn of phrase, maybe I should say 'ghey'.
But why oh why buy gear that's not safe such as a pudding basin helmet? The Dutch authorities don't allow them because they are not safe in an accident, not because they are fashion police in a fashion parade. Get real, wear a proper full face helmet with visor, something that will save your life.
Remember a cafe racer bike isn't something to adorn with fashion accessories, people might start to think you are just doing it for the image it gives you. A cafe racer bike finds it's own form through function.

You are fully right on the safety issue, that's why i am looking for a helmet that looks like an early day caferacer helmet (like de davida's). And i'm not buying the stuff that isn't approved. But i also think that it is nice to make an afford on looking good on a caferacer bike. I like the style and my personal opinion is that i don't want to look like a modern day rider on an outdated bike. And as you see on this forum there are many more riders that like a kind of style, as it is with chopper or racer bikes riders.

And i am not offended by the gay remark i just wan't to be free in asking my own questions, free in how to ride my bike in what clothes i want to wear. That's all.

jocolor

And it probably is the gayest thread on here.....
avatar
caferacer 1975
Veteran Racer

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 48
Location : utrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you dress up on your caferacer ?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum