18% 18% 
[ 2 ]
82% 82% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 11

My Honda XL250 Project

Post  roofus91 on Sat 29 May - 0:56

Hello All!

Thank you for the welcome on the New Guy thread.

Here is my Honda XL250 Project. The pic with me sitting on it was what it looked like when I bought it for $275.00US. The second is what it looks like now. The next step will be to convert it to a cafe racer or flat tracker. Not sure yet.

Roofus91 Blauvelt

Hallo allemaal!

Bedankt voor het welkom op de New Guy draad.

Hier is mijn Honda XL250 Project. De foto met mij op zit is hoe het eruit zag toen ik hem kocht voor $ 275.00US. De tweede is wat hij er nu uitziet. De volgende stap zal zijn om het te converteren naar een cafe racer of flat tracker. Nog niet zeker.

Roofus91 Blauvelt[b]

roofus91
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pics This Time

Post  roofus91 on Sat 29 May - 1:00

Sorry.

roofus91
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Honda XL250 Project

Post  Noisy Norton on Sat 29 May - 2:56

I voted flat track. I think the basic shape screams flat track rather than cafe. Neat bike. No matter what you do with it it will look cool.
Noisy Norton
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mingh on Sat 29 May - 18:17

I voted "fuck fashion"
forget about the flat track or cafe hype. Leave it in its scrambler style, do some touching up on details and have a real standout!

it still puzzles me: in the big nostalgic trend that is raging through the motorworld, everything is rechewed, and chopped up again. Heck they're even reviving Vincent, norton and brough superior. But save for some exceptions, the awesome scramblers, baja and sixdays bikes are shamelessly forgotten.
Just look at them honda SL's, suzuki vanvans, Triumph tiger 500, BSA Victor, bultaco, montesa, puch, jawa, ducati regolarita and numerous others. They're gorgeous. Just look at 'on any sunday' to get what fun they are.

Mingh
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sat 29 May - 21:47

Mingh wrote:I voted "fuck fashion"
forget about the flat track or cafe hype. Leave it in its scrambler style, do some touching up on details and have a real standout!

it still puzzles me: in the big nostalgic trend that is raging through the motorworld, everything is rechewed, and chopped up again. Heck they're even reviving Vincent, norton and brough superior. But save for some exceptions, the awesome scramblers, baja and sixdays bikes are shamelessly forgotten.
Just look at them honda SL's, suzuki vanvans, Triumph tiger 500, BSA Victor, bultaco, montesa, puch, jawa, ducati regolarita and numerous others. They're gorgeous. Just look at 'on any sunday' to get what fun they are.

I can relate to that , wise words, but sometimes it sup to the owner to custom whatever needs to be done. Of all those fine bikes you have pointed out like the Tiger or Tiger Cub, these are bikes (my opinion) that need to be left alone, once again, no problem with modifing them but after a while we only see them in musea...of course this can be said about any Jap bike aswel.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andreas on Sat 29 May - 22:49

OK Roofus - some more wise words - " do what YOU want, your heart know the right way" ,

Andreas
andreas

View user profile http://www.retrospeedstyle61.de

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Mon 31 May - 11:11

andreas wrote:OK Roofus - some more wise words - " do what YOU want, your heart know the right way" ,
Andreas
+1 with Andreas!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top