'75 CB 200

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'75 CB 200

Post  herre on Fri 4 Jun - 23:38

Just joined the forum! Let me present: my honda CB 200 and other rides.

The CB 200:
Bought this one off some guy who had bought a CB750 and didn't feel like restoring the little guy anymore. There was no rust or real damage, actually it looked pretty damn good but it had some problems. The wiring was cut in several places and needed some serious work, the ignition was off, some parts were missing, the carbs were all messed up. I've done all electrical work with some help from my dad, cleaned out the carbs and got most missing parts. The bike runs now but I'm still struggling to get the carbs tuned just right. The paint job was just sprayed on top of the original reddish orange (wich wasn't even sanded off!) and really not that well done. So I decided to respray the tank and side covers. The goal is to restore it first, then maybe go for a scrambler or cafe racer look!

Work I've done on this bike so far:
-Wiring redone
-Fixed ignition
-Took the carbs apart and gave them a big cleanup
-Sandblasted the fuel tank and side covers and got them painted
-Repaired the seat
-Got most missing parts and some pod filters because the old airfilter was all messed up!
-Gave the bike a maintenance and put it all together again!
-Waited a few months for the correct documents to arrive so I can get it registered! Any week now!

Up next:
-Get the carbs tuned just right
-Get some cl style scrambler pipes off ebay
-Maybe do something about the seat (fixed a tear in it, but might get a new cover for it)
-Optical styling

The GPZ 305:
This was my first "real" motorcycle. I used it to pass my driver's license and now it's for sale (need some money for the CB 200). Had alot of fun with it but I like the old honda more! I didn't really do alot of work on this one. Just some small optical changes like the taillight, mirrors, ... and had to fit it with a new rear shock. Pretty fast bike though for a 305!

Camino rat!:
Can't bring myself to sell this one, used to ride it to school!

Last edited by herre on Tue 14 Sep - 20:13; edited 5 times in total
herre
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: '75 CB 200

Post  TinTin on Sat 5 Jun - 10:08

you keep the spanners going! Nice job on the cB200
TinTin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gss on Sat 5 Jun - 15:47

Nice bikes! Love the sandblasting machine! Made it yourself? Very Happy
Gss
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  herre on Sat 5 Jun - 15:54

Haha yeah! The glass is almost impossible to see through in the meantime however, but it did the job on the cb Wink!
herre
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sun 6 Jun - 20:15

Besides all the mechanics i cant get my eyes of this great garden that you can spend in.... Big pond, a crazy big wilg (Salix) and so on. What a wonderful view must it be in the summer time...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gss on Mon 7 Jun - 21:57

Toecutter wrote:Besides all the mechanics i cant get my eyes of this great garden that you can spend in.... Big pond, a crazy big wilg (Salix) and so on. What a wonderful view must it be in the summer time...

Toecutter = groene vingers? scratch Shocked
Gss
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  herre on Mon 7 Jun - 23:06

Haha, thanks! Technically the credit goes to my parents though, I'm still a student! I'm looking around for some parts right now to give the cb a little bit of a sport look. Nothing too extreme though. Tried some clubman bars today and the bike's just a little small for a good riding position with clubmans for me. But I've got some ideas, so there might be some updates the coming weeks! Cool
herre
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Tue 8 Jun - 19:52

Gss wrote:
Toecutter wrote:Besides all the mechanics i cant get my eyes of this great garden that you can spend in.... Big pond, a crazy big wilg (Salix) and so on. What a wonderful view must it be in the summer time...

Toecutter = groene vingers? scratch Shocked

Jep i have = its my job Wink cheers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Tue 8 Jun - 19:55

herre wrote:Haha, thanks! Technically the credit goes to my parents though, I'm still a student! I'm looking around for some parts right now to give the cb a little bit of a sport look. Nothing too extreme though. Tried some clubman bars today and the bike's just a little small for a good riding position with clubmans for me. But I've got some ideas, so there might be some updates the coming weeks! Cool

lol ok , talking about handle bars, i had a small version of the clubman or tomaselli handlebars on my gs550 , dont know the manufacturer though they are on the market if u dont want to use clip ons...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  herre on Thu 12 Aug - 21:14

Hi, long time no see!
My cb200 has gone through some changes so first let's get things up to date:

I put some twin air foam filters on (the cheap paper filters really just weren't going to do the job right), and with alot of time and help finally got the thing running allright! Also I found some lower handlebars. It's still not a caferacer but it looks alot better already if you ask me!

Here's a little video of the first 'real' ride:

Let's ride!

There's still a problem though. In the highest gear when I give the thing all it's got (which isn't all that much really) it goes up to 7000 rpm and stays there for a while, then it's like a pull the clutch (it goes to 8-9000 all of a sudden without me doing anything, but really no difference whatsoever in power when this happens). Is this just because of the lack of power or is something still not adjusted properly? Almost can't be, I went to the local mechanic with it and he had a look aswell the carbs should be perfect... Here's a part of the video where you can clearly see (and even more clearly hear) the problem:

probleem.wmv

Last edited by herre on Tue 14 Sep - 19:58; edited 1 time in total
herre
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  abarth850 on Tue 17 Aug - 18:11

as far as I can tell, this can only be the clutch, first slipping, then biting again.

abarth850
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gric87 on Tue 17 Aug - 22:11

nice classic look
Gric87
Novice Racer

View user profile http://www.kdgracing.be

Back to top Go down

Post  herre on Tue 14 Sep - 20:01

Allright, the engine work is just about done. I took the cb 200 out for three long rides last week and the big problems are all solved. The clutch issue was resolved by putting what I can ony describe as washers behind the springs so they press everything together a bit better. Clutch is fine now. It does about 70 mph, 75 with the wind in my back. Sounds about right for a stock cb 200 I guess. Lovely thing to cruise on!

Next up is the seat, already found a sport buddy nearby, I'll keep the updates coming as soon as anything changes.

This is what it looks like now:

herre
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Fri 17 Sep - 9:48

Absolutely beautifull !!

She's in the "Gallery of our Bikes":
http://classicbikes.actieforum.com/members-caferacers-f14/our-gallery-t111.htm#428

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallace on Sat 18 Sep - 19:58

Nice one.
Wallace

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wallace_world

Back to top Go down