nice Cool

would love to have a z650 when i'm older. Something like this:

Bowler
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my Zed 650

Post  650zed on Wed 28 May - 8:17

I love them too, i'm a Z fan... before that one, i've had a Z650 C from 1978 for more than 15 years. Never a problem, and it was my only vehicule... Great bikes !
And with a bit of luck you can still find them for a very reasonable price. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowler on Wed 28 May - 9:00

650zed wrote:I love them too, i'm a Z fan... before that one, i've had a Z650 C from 1978 for more than 15 years. Never a problem, and it was my only vehicule... Great bikes !
And with a bit of luck you can still find them for a very reasonable price. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

yup :) only problem is they aren't 25kw Mad

Bowler
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Wed 28 May - 11:14

Bowler wrote:yup :) only problem is they aren't 25kw Mad

Z650 are between 62 and 67 hp, depending on the model and year: B, C, D, etc.
Mine (D from 1979) has I think 65 hp, which makes her quite OK, with her 220 kg. Cool enough anyway Twisted Evil

But what is this story of 25kw, is that some kind of limitation? I don't even know this story... Shocked
I've had my driving licence in France, around 1985 if I remember well, and there were 2 categories: 125 cc and above. I took the second one, and that's it. And I know that, in France, people who have had their car driving licence before 1st of March 1980 may ride a bike untill 125 cc, something like that...

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowler on Wed 28 May - 12:10

650zed wrote:
Bowler wrote:yup :) only problem is they aren't 25kw Mad

Z650 are between 62 and 67 hp, depending on the model and year: B, C, D, etc.
Mine (D from 1979) has I think 65 hp, which makes her quite OK, with her 220 kg. Cool enough anyway Twisted Evil

But what is this story of 25kw, is that some kind of limitation? I don't even know this story... Shocked
I've had my driving licence in France, around 1985 if I remember well, and there were 2 categories: 125 cc and above. I took the second one, and that's it. And I know that, in France, people who have had their car driving licence before 1st of March 1980 may ride a bike untill 125 cc, something like that...

In europe the rule is that when your 21 or younger you have to start on a bike with 25kw or less. You have to drive 2 years with this limitation or when your 21 you can do a "heavy" exam. I've just picked up my license so I'll have to wait another 2 years before I legally can drive a z650...... Crying or Very sad

The rule is in theory a good rule, only in the Netherlands it isn't possible to restrict every bike, which makes it a costly rule for students. In Germany an the other hand it is possible to restrict every bike, at a local garage. They sent the papers to the government and they put it on the papers.

Bowler
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Wed 28 May - 13:27

OK, i didn't know this... Well, it's only a question of time. Be patient. Anyway, i did it also a bit the same way, actually: after I passed my "heavy" licence, I had no money to get me a big bike so i started by ridding a Honda CB 125 Twin (1976) for one year, and I enjoyed her a lot. Of course, she was not that fast, but it was my first bike and I loved her. I've been everywhere in France and a bit abroad with her, a really good bike. Only after more than a year, I could afford a 400 cc. And then, later, my first 650. So it makes it a bit the same. :)

This legislation must be (quite) new, cos it was different in France, in my time: there were bad accidents implicating very young riders (just 18 years old) on 1000 cc, ridding real monsters with only a couple of weeks of bike-experience, just because they could afford those big engines... This situation pushed the insurance companies to fix incredibly high prices for bike insurances, in that time... It was a nightmare to get a bike insurred, for a young ridder... Mad

Anyway, in your situation, now, it's only a question of patience. And it will give you the time to build up more and more experience... and to put money aside for the big one, he he Twisted Evil And even a quite smaller bike can give a looooot of fun!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum