Hi from New Zealand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from New Zealand

Post  matdaymon on Sat 19 Mar - 7:33

Hi all,
My name is Mathieu, 22years old and I am reasonably new to motorcycling. I have been riding my own bike since October 2009 and I currently only own one motorcycle, that being a 2005 Hyosung GT250 which is the biggest motorcycle I am allowed to ride in New Zealand on my current licence. (250cc is as big as we can ride on our learners/restricted licences and this bike has the biggest frame out of the 250cc bikes available here)

In a little over 1 years time I can graduate to a full motorcycle licence and get any bike I wish so I thought seeing I love the look of classic bikes and cafe racers it would be a great way to learn more about bikes and maintaining them by building my own cafe racer out of a poor older bike in need of a good home and some love as well as passing the time until I can ride a bigger bike productively.

I found this site through our NZ motorcycling forum with a picture of an incredible green Yamaha XV750 (I think) which was converted into a cafe racer and I fell in love. I haven't decided what I would like to start off with as a base bike and am waiting for my parents to finish building the family home with it's 3 garages before I start seriously looking at bikes.

I hope to learn much here and gain lots of knowledge and inspiration from everyone who has created their own work of art.

Cheers and Beers

Mat

matdaymon
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Post  andreas on Sat 19 Mar - 11:04

Hi Mat,
wellcome here - and we all start with a small bike ! So you have the chance to look what`s your favourite for the future.
Take a look arround and get some inspiration.

Andreas
andreas

View user profile http://www.retrospeedstyle61.de

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Post  650zed on Mon 21 Mar - 14:14

Welcome to the forum!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down