Hello from Charlote NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Charlote NC

Post  inkbot on Thu 1 Sep - 8:14

New to the forum, obviously, also new to cafe racers, just bought myself a 1979 honda cb750k and love it! although it is not quite a cafe racer yet, its on its way to becoming one. i just ordered cafe seat, to replace the couch cushion of a seat it has on it. I bought it off an original owner it was garage kept and very well maintained!

inkbot
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Charlote NC

Post  ProTouring442 on Thu 1 Sep - 13:43

Looks nice! Reminds me of my first bike, an '81 CB750K.

Welcome!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

ProTouring442
Novice Racer

View user profile http://www.right-hat.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  inkbot on Thu 1 Sep - 17:31

thanks!
yeah it was super clean when i got it, and i pick it up for only $1300!!! they guy gave me a nice ass jacket and helmet too! he also had 3 sets a bars, new brake pads, a couple of pod filters, shock boots, oil filters, a brand new front disc brake, and a couple sets of turn signals. it was a killer deal! for a while i didnt want to chop it up and do an anything to it really, but iv been riding it around a for a while now... and its time!

inkbot
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Thu 1 Sep - 20:35

Welcome Inkbot, very nice bike and for that price in that condition. Top , all the fine extra's is a plus.

For a few weeks im thinking about the Jap bikes from around the late 80's , they will become stars eventually , If you are planning to make her over into a café, please do not chop the frame !!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inkbot on Thu 1 Sep - 23:13

no worries, im not chopping the frame, i am however going to bang on the gas tank to try my hand at making some knee indents... hopefully that goes over well! the tank is the only thing on this bike that is not in excellent condition... seems the owner may have dropped it and the bars hit the top near the gas cap... there are a few dents and scratches right there. so i figure why not dent it up a little more and try to fix it all up and do a little bodywork too!

inkbot
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  number8wire on Sat 3 Sep - 8:13

Welcome Inkbot, don't listen to the old beard-strokers trying to have you restore it! Wink Chop away.. make it your own. I just sold a 79 CB750k for $3000 Australian and it was by no means mint(sounds like you got a bargain). These bikes are big and heavy stock, so I think if you want to turn it into a cafe bike you need to chop and remove as much as possible. Custom parts for cb dohc's are not as readily available as their sohc predecessors.. Benji's has some nice cafe parts specific to cb750 dohc and I seem to remember cyclex also having some nice performance parts. I have seen some awesome looking cb dohc cafe bikes lately.. check out Boskijaco's bike on this site! Wrench Monkeys and Cafe Racer Dreams have also put out some nice versions.

(PS: No offence Toecutter.. i'm actually the older one, perhaps i'm really the beard-stroker? )
number8wire
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sun 4 Sep - 17:49

number8wire wrote:Welcome Inkbot, don't listen to the old beard-strokers trying to have you restore it! Wink Chop away.. make it your own. I just sold a 79 CB750k for $3000 Australian and it was by no means mint(sounds like you got a bargain). These bikes are big and heavy stock, so I think if you want to turn it into a cafe bike you need to chop and remove as much as possible. Custom parts for cb dohc's are not as readily available as their sohc predecessors.. Benji's has some nice cafe parts specific to cb750 dohc and I seem to remember cyclex also having some nice performance parts. I have seen some awesome looking cb dohc cafe bikes lately.. check out Boskijaco's bike on this site! Wrench Monkeys and Cafe Racer Dreams have also put out some nice versions.

(PS: No offence Toecutter.. i'm actually the older one, perhaps i'm really the beard-stroker? )

haha , no offence taken sir, we do what we need to do and everyone has the right to do so. I was in a very 'emo state of mind' jocolor BUt nonetheless , are we glad that there are still original stock bikes out there. Cool

cheers m8te

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sun 4 Sep - 17:52

inkbot wrote:no worries, im not chopping the frame, i am however going to bang on the gas tank to try my hand at making some knee indents... hopefully that goes over well! the tank is the only thing on this bike that is not in excellent condition... seems the owner may have dropped it and the bars hit the top near the gas cap... there are a few dents and scratches right there. so i figure why not dent it up a little more and try to fix it all up and do a little bodywork too!

yep man true! Succes with the crafting, there is a nice video about 'denting' a tank on the forum. Im not quite shure in wich catagory it falls , prolly technical questions etc...

Cheers!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Mon 5 Sep - 10:11

Welcome to the forum!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down