Another Yank from the States

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Yank from the States

Post  BlackKat on Sun 30 Oct - 16:14

Hello lads!
Just wanted to check in and see whats going on in the Cafe world outside the States. We've got magazines and TV shows based in the cafe racer culture, but it seems like its a bit stagnate in style. I've built a few Cafe bikes myself and am currently wrapping up my Ducati and I was hoping to soend sometime here for some fresh inspiration on my next project.

Here is my current bike...a bit outside of the rules for your page, however the next one will be of proper age Very Happy

There are plenty of had made and custom bits, big bore kit, Ducati Performance Cams, lightened this and that...This pic is about 85% complete.

Me?
I'm an Operations Manager at Ducati and Triumph dealer. We do plenty of restoration and cafe bikes from the $1000.00 Honda CB750 to a $25,000.00 no expense spared Triton. I also write part time for a motorcycle publication doing product reviews.

I look forward to making new pals here, gaining inspiration and new perspective on my upcoming build...

Cheers!
BlackKat

BlackKat
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Yank from the States

Post  suzimark on Sun 30 Oct - 18:02

welcome to blackkat
suzimark
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockers CT on Mon 7 Nov - 17:44

Hi black cat. where are you located and $25,000 bucks for a triton.. thats insane..
Rockers CT
Racer

View user profile http://www.rockersct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackKat on Tue 8 Nov - 15:41

I'm in Ohio.

As far as the Triton, its a no expense spared build...fully built engine with fully polished belt drive conversion, Wilcox polished tanks, Race tech suspension, REAL featherbed and Dresda swing arm, custom built wheels. lots of powder coating and polishing. plenty of hand made one off parts....

Obviously, the one who builds a bike, builds it for himself and never gets his money back out of it, but I assure you, this one is one of a kind.

BlackKat
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tax disc

Post  greasyspoon on Sun 4 Dec - 23:07

I love that Ducati, although I think Ducatis don't need much doing to them, as they look great as they are.
When I saw the tax disc I presumed you were based in the UK although you're American scratch , then I realised what date it was - glam rock all over again! What is the significance of that? Is it just a hark back to the days when bikes were bikes?

greasyspoon
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alazzurra 550 alu style on Mon 5 Dec - 1:07

very nice ducati man, i'm a real italian freak. welcome here, and keep us posted!
rien
alazzurra 550 alu style
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranger on Sat 17 Dec - 16:34

hi from germany
nice bikes there on the pic. 25k is a number allright, but for a decent build custombike not way up there. Many people buy harleys, duc`s and else for much more. Its takes a lot of effort and parts to build a good bike, but the investment is always lost. Spend 25 and get 15 back later on. If you are aware of that, it`s o.k.

I have "Walz Hardcore Bikes" here around the corner (Marcus Walz) and his bikes start at 40k, go up to 140k and you still wait up to 1,5 years. Crazy but true, and of course an extreme cxample. And you cant even really drive theese bikes, they are way too low. And they all look the same.
Keep us posted on further development, there are many more parts available from your country than from here i suppose. As always. We have the tradition, you have the parts and further development. Its just for the last few years that things develop over here, but thats a good sign, the parts and builds that show up are truly great. Just browse through the picture base here in this forum and you will be surprised.
Personally i favour the honda cb750four models and the harley sportster models as well as Guzzi models for transformation.

Greets
Ranger
Ranger
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top