2 Cats Racing Suzuki T500

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 Cats Racing Suzuki T500

Post  suzukijo on Sun 13 Nov - 5:49

I have a few T500 cores, this one was sitting and i dont ride it much, so I thought I'd see if any of the ideas I had would work.

Always on the lookout to see if Suzuki parts will interchange, i was looking for an aluminum rr arm, and tried one off Rm250, it fit.

had to cut original muffler brackets off, but plan on using rr sets from something more modern, take-offs easily found on ebay, maybe GS500.

I would like to keep the wire wheel look, but want to use more modern brakes, and had a rusty GS750 core which i got mainly because it had the wire wheels, and it looks like it will fit, need to get the right wheel bearings to use the 17mm axle, plan on using an aluminum rim, new spokes.

still lots of work to do, would like to find a dual disk brake from early eighties Gs550 or Gs650, or similar, suggestions welcome.
so this is a start, i usually dont have much time or enthusiasm, but with Cafe Racer TV program getting me mojo working, I would like to try and get somethings done on this, hope to post more later, thx for looking.
suzukijo
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Cats Racing Suzuki T500

Post  alazzurra 550 alu style on Sun 13 Nov - 12:23

hi man, welcome!
what do you think of this wheels?
nice chrome from a gs550 '77
make me an offer!

also got the brake calipers and a nice polished frontfork whit new oilseals and oil.
alazzurra 550 alu style
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sun 13 Nov - 18:35

Nice bikes, i see you have plenty of machinery at your disposal, i guess a good sandblaster is imperative rite ?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  suzukijo on Sun 13 Nov - 18:42

alazzurra 550 alu style wrote:hi man, welcome!
what do you think of this wheels?
nice chrome from a gs550 '77
make me an offer!

also got the brake calipers and a nice polished frontfork whit new oilseals and oil.

nice wheels, i already have some GS550 cores to rob wheels if i need. I'll pass.
I intentionally used the wire rr wheel, with disc, not an easy item to find, i also would like to use a dual disk front from one of the 550/650 bikes i already have, using the complete front end, forks and all. giving this project disc front and rear (not that it really needs it, mostly for looks). i have collected for a few years now, and have a mini salvage yard, dont tell the authorities.
suzukijo
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top