GS850 "MadMax"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GS850 "MadMax"

Post  GS850 on Sat 18 Feb - 16:20

here are some pics of the 1979 suzuki GS 850 that was given to me by a guy who got tired of it! didn't wanna go all out as this is my first bike-project, just wanted it to look badass and wanted to drive it ASAP!

just in!

strippin' what we won't be needin'...

bling!

seatcover too short and too narrow...

rejetting!

K&N!

Bridgestone BT45

the seat:

Millertime!

almost there:

synchro!

clipons:

caferacers don't leak oil, they mark territory!!

GS850
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GS850 "MadMax"

Post  pasta-moto on Sat 18 Feb - 18:36

very nice bike. Do you protect gas tank from rost for some way after removing paint?
pasta-moto
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GS850 on Mon 20 Feb - 13:36

well, i'm still kinda looking for a solution to that problem... for now i'm just using some oil to keep it protected and also the bike doens't come out when it's raining :-) i've bought a clear coat paint with hardener but i would have to use a fine-grain sandpaper on the tank to make the clear coat stick so for now i'm just going with the unprotected polished steel-look :-)
GS850
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Wed 22 Feb - 10:26

Nice looking bike man ,

i have never seen a synchro like that , does it work wih lights or something ?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GS850 on Wed 22 Feb - 12:21

Toecutter wrote:Nice looking bike man ,

i have never seen a synchro like that , does it work wih lights or something ?

not really, it uses metal rods that slide up and down in a plastic tube using the vacuum. works great!
GS850
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

better picture, rearset ordered and on the way so i'll be driving a lot more comfortable soon!

Post  GS850 on Sat 30 Jun - 11:49

better picture, rearset ordered and on the way so i'll be driving a lot more comfortable soon!

GS850
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sat 30 Jun - 13:38

Raw power ! i like this one alot, not too much stuff on the bike Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GS850 on Sat 30 Jun - 18:15

Toecutter wrote:Raw power ! i like this one alot, not too much stuff on the bike Cool

less is more!!

but about that power... when i had it, it was driving solid, but after placing the K&N's and gutting the exhaust, it wasn't runnin so smooth... i put new jets, 1 size bigger, got me a synchro device and with a little fidling here and there it's running now, but when i open the throttle, on high rpm it's struggling... i'm gonna do a spark-colour test soon, see what's up and also, on idle it seems to linger in higher rpm's a bit before it goes down to the normal idle rpm, but i learned now that's probably because there's a vacuum leak somewhere...
GS850
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  number8wire on Sun 1 Jul - 15:48

Have you replaced the o-rings on your inlet manifolds? I found a guy on the gsresources selling o-ring kits for next to nothing.. he mails them to you from the states in neatly labelled and organised little envelopes. He also sells o-ring kits for your carbs (made from vitrile). Once I had rebuilt my carbs,replaced the airbox with k& n pods and put on a 4 into 1 exhaust on my 78 gs750 I also had issues with tuning. I ended up getting the bike tuned properly on a dyno.. worth the money as it now produces more horse power than when it rolled off of the production line! Twisted Evil
number8wire
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GS850 on Sun 1 Jul - 16:37

[quote="number8wire"]Have you replaced the o-rings on your inlet manifolds? I found a guy on the gsresources selling o-ring kits for next to nothing.. he mails them to you from the states in neatly labelled and organised little envelopes. He also sells o-ring kits for your carbs (made from vitrile). Once I had rebuilt my carbs,replaced the airbox with k& n pods and put on a 4 into 1 exhaust on my 78 gs750 I also had issues with tuning. I ended up getting the bike tuned properly on a dyno.. worth the money as it now produces more horse power than when it rolled off of the production line!

well, when i just got the bike i went to a shop with it, those guys changed the manifolds but i don't know if they changed the o-rings... i'm gonna check! thx
GS850
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum