Motorcycle Technical Control in Belgium (in a few years)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Motorcycle Technical Control in Belgium (in a few years)

Post  Toecutter on Sat 11 Aug - 18:51

Im holding my breath already. So many good bikes will be disapproved cause of these restrictions. Probably even an old 70's bike with new Brembo's wont go through inspection cause it isnt original....

COME ON ! Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Motorcycle Technical Control in Belgium (in a few years)

Post  Biggie on Sat 11 Aug - 23:31

i'm not sure that they will go so far, it will be more a dumbass check like for oldtimers. Do the lights work? Brakes? Does it have good tires? Everything is fixed? No leaks? ..... ok, pay up and get out of here Suspect
Biggie
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Sun 12 Aug - 1:50

Biggie wrote:i'm not sure that they will go so far, it will be more a dumbass check like for oldtimers. Do the lights work? Brakes? Does it have good tires? Everything is fixed? No leaks? ..... ok, pay up and get out of here Suspect

I hope you are right Biggie ! Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Biggie on Sun 12 Aug - 11:58

i can't see how they are going to do this otherwise... a suspension check on a testbench is almost inpossible, they will have to install brand new benches. for the brakes, it will be the same... in Belgium they check for differences between the two sides of braking power, so if you have more then 25% difference in braking power between left and right, you can come back after you fixed the problem. With a bike... you only have one wheel per brake!
This technical control for me is a joke.... every biker knows that when the tires are dead, you will probably be dead too on the first corner! Same for the brakes, suspension, even the lights! If you have an oil leak on your bike, chances are you will meet the pavement a lot faster then you think... let's face it, bikers take much more care of their bikes then the average car driver, because WE KNOW that our lifes depend on a well maintained bike!
For me it's just another way to empty our pockets and bug the hell out of us bikers....

But maybe i'm to selfcentred here, i can imagine that there are a lot of so-called bikers that can't make the difference between a tire and a chain .... I work as a mechanic in a garage and see a lot of people come by every day just to "check their oil level" or "tire pressure".... because they don't even know how to do it! And it's sad to say but a lot of them are men! I seriously think it's the age we live in, the age of sloth. Everything is so easy to reach that nobody cares to do some background search/check before they start something....
Biggie
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top