Honda CB125S '75

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honda CB125S '75

Post  blue blitz on Thu 9 Oct - 23:32

Na mij voor te stellen wil ik nu een aantal foto's met jullie delen van mijn mini cafe racer project. Het is dus een CB125S van 1975.
De kader/achterbrug/motorsteun heb ik sinds vandaag terug van het zandstralen en poederlakken.

Betreffende het poederlakken vinden jullie het normaal dat hier her en der kleine putjes ter groote van een speldenkopje in zijn? Kan dit zijn dat dit kleine ingevreten roestpuntjes zijn die zich aftekenen in de coating? Of gewoon door en te dunne laklaag?
Net boven het coca cola blik zie je trouwens een streep wat naar mijn mening roest is die tussen de verbinding van kader met dwarsbalk is uitgelopen na het spoelen achter het zandstralen ofzo. Kan het niet verwijderen maar het zit wel verstopt achter de kettingkast van het motorblok.
Wat zouden jullie dien? Teruggaan maar kunnen ze nog wel zomaar een extra laag aanbrengen?

Op deze foto zie je ook het NOS sportzadel (productie 1978)

Heb ook Koni's gevonden die nooit gemonteerd zouden zijn maar wel vuil door het liggen. Op de foto is er één opgepoetst (ondertussen beide)

Hier nog de verdere onderdelen verzameling: sportstuur, achterlicht, NOS embleem (rechter moet ik nog bestellen), NOS tankdop en alu spatbord.
Ook een megaton gekocht waar ik de alu conus wat bewerkt heb omdat daar wel wat foutjes inzaten van het gietproces. Moet deze nog wel terug polijsten (ervaring genoeg mee door mijn auto wielen)

Nu nog een mooi voorwiel (bij voorkeur van en cb125k met dubbele oplopende schoenen), achterwiel en voorvork vinden. Had wel een voorvork gevonden maar na nadere inspectie toch roest op de poten die in gemonteerde stand niet zichtbaar was. Gelukkig waren er andere bruikbare onderdelen bij.
Indien iemand nog iets heeft liggen, laat het maar weten.

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Honda CB125S '75

Post  650zed on Fri 10 Oct - 8:14

Leuk project! CB125's zijn altijd leuk, dat was ook mijn eerste motor toen, een CB125 uit 1976
Mooie zadel!

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Post  blue blitz on Wed 12 Aug - 23:46

About time to give this thread some new life.
Since the last post some things changed, I finally decided to buy a classic racer on cb125 base as it would give me a lot of the needed parts.
And some nice extra's like: 160cc kit, extra CB100 block and ... home made new watercooled 4valve block.
I had already bought a 145cc kit on ebay for the old style block with one piece cylinder head. Together with the CB100 head this will make a high compression early "big block".
But for now I will be using the later 2piece head block which has bigger valves and ports.

Did cost me some money but with all the parts I can make 2 cafés.

So what have I been up to, bought a CB350 twin leading drum wheel and modified it with cooling holes. But since the parts batch included the same frontwheel with an Akront rim mounted on it I will probably not use it for now. Here is the akront after a good polish. Will get cooling holes next winter.

Made a lightweight battery support with many "speed holes".

At this time the bike was looking like this. Since I am using my own frame I modified the tank by cutting and welding the rear support and make some brackets for the front rubber supports. But I will use clipons instead of the clubman bar.
Notice the chain guard in developement.

Chain guard finished today (original 390g - new one 80g).

Stil some holiday left this week so more is to come...

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hondalover on Thu 13 Aug - 10:02

Over dat stralen, die gaatjes ter grote van een speldenprik daar zit waarschijnlijk een klein beetje roest achter kan je niks meer aan doen ,je zou er een beetje verf op kunnen laten vloeien, je nieuwste aanwinst de racer dat die dingen nog te koop staan, zit geregeld te kijken echter nada, verschrikkelijk mooi racertje met die lange race tank. Ben benieuwd hoe project 2 er uit komt te zien, of eigenlijk je 1 e project natuurlijk.

hondalover
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gss on Thu 13 Aug - 22:39

Dit is helemaal mijn ding. echt prachtig! doe zo voort zou ik zeggen ! Very Happy Very Happy
Gss
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blue blitz on Sat 15 Aug - 20:38

Thanks for the comments.
It was really nice to find this as there are some limits to what I can do myself since I don't own a TIG or lathe (draaibank).
The previous owner made nice aluminium clipons, aluminium wheelspacers, aluminium top bolts for the forks, aluminium rear swingarm, rearset and off course the 4valve block.

All in all a good base on which I can build further and add my own touch.
The Dream 50 tank and seat are ideal in size for the bike. My goal for now is to make it rideable for now to enjoy the sunny days, then next winter add more detail and finish.

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blue blitz on Sat 15 Aug - 21:08

Finished my homemade headlight supports yesterday. Since the forks are only 27mm I could use minibike parts made for Honda 4-strokes, but I coulden't really find anything I liked. An also those parts are hugely over-priced I feel.

So made my own supports out of 3mm thick aluminium. Found that my jackstand was exactly 27mm diameter.

Finished fixing eye.

Finished product.

The clipons are also modified so they don't hit the tank anymore and the wiring can be guided trough them. I adjusted the bottom yoke already a while ago by tapping thead in the stoppers to make them adjustable by screws and repainted it.

Finally an overview. Still need to paint the headlight case now it been modified (there was some clearance between the case and chrome bevel)

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toecutter on Fri 21 Aug - 20:22

This is a really tight cb125 ! I love em like this , polished and shiny and clean.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infrapista on Sun 23 Aug - 23:23

Very good job man, very clean.
I am waiting next pictures, i like this little bike.
From Belgium
Infrapista Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

infrapista
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hybridwheels on Tue 22 Sep - 11:25

Damn, that is a really nice bike. Especially the wheels Cool I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with the exhaust and battery covers(if any)

gr, Lex
Hybridwheels
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tz250b on Tue 22 Sep - 17:45

SWEEEEEEEEEET . you have done a terrific job thus far

tz250b
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Tue 22 Sep - 18:20

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  blue blitz on Tue 22 Sep - 20:56

New pictures will come soon but not this week. In the mean time the electrics are working, have a new taillight and painted the headlight.
Have driven the first few meters with it Very Happy until dirt from the tank spoilled the fun Sad . Then a broken fuel tap caused the carburator to overflow and a garage full of gas after I solved the dirt issue.

Did find that the exhaust without muffler or wool inside is to loud. It was going dark and neighbours where coming out their house or opening the window.
Then bought a NOS chrome downpipe from the later model to use with the megaton at Moto Retro in Wieze last weekend. This one is 3mm bigger inside but ... hits the rearset. So need to find a solution for this and hope it is a little less noisy.
Anybody have experience with bending a chromed pipe? Does the chome crack???

Also found a new fueltap. Now need to start it up again. Get the electronic tacho working and add some sort of speedo.

I will not put battery covers. Want to keep it as basic as possible...

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallace on Wed 23 Sep - 0:24

Nice work. Top job.
Wallace

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wallace_world

Back to top Go down

Post  Wout on Thu 24 Sep - 0:09

Ja, blue blitz man! ik denk dat we eens moeten afspreken om een toereke te rijden!

ben jaloers op je voortrommel !
Wout
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blue blitz on Thu 12 Nov - 20:55

Some pictures of the current state. Have some holiday this week so could spend some time on my bike.
I modified another rear set to fit the cb125 so which works with the new exhaust. The megaton diden't really make it more silent but chrome looks better anyway.
Since the last pictures I put some lights on it and temporary bicycle speedo.

There is still a lot of work to be done. I want to put an alluminium front fender and polish a lot of the alloy parts.
But next is to fit a side stand (bought one today that is normally intended for a scooter) but needs some rewelding which I can only do at work.
Notice that the bike doesen't have a kickstarter. Since it was previously intended for racing the axle hole was closed by welding. I can tell you this is just as good as going to the gym. Still thinking about putting a kick if I can get it to fit (I have a spare clutch cover).

Fixing the dent in the fueltank is also on my whishlist.

Anyway here are the pics...

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hybridwheels on Thu 12 Nov - 22:00

Nice bike, the megaton looks good on it.

gr, Lex
Hybridwheels
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  650zed on Fri 13 Nov - 12:29

z650 Kawa Power
650zed
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kornfed on Fri 13 Nov - 16:50

real beauty you got.
I wouldn't polish to much. I like especially the matt alloy from the engine. It gives the look of a real racer.
kornfed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andreas on Fri 13 Nov - 21:02

Perfect small c-racer for the early morning ride - to pic up fresh bread for sunday breakfast - and no question - for more possibilitys!! Great !!! So take care of the little lady.

Andreas
andreas

View user profile http://www.retrospeedstyle61.de

Back to top Go down

Post  marc on Fri 13 Nov - 21:26

Did a nice job!!!

Really cool bike!! Cool
marc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ250T on Fri 15 Jan - 22:05

Whow man, I sure love this bike!
Looks great! A job very very well done!
Regards!
CJ250T
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sven on Sat 16 Jan - 0:34

blue blitz wrote:
Did find that the exhaust without muffler or wool inside is to loud.
It was going dark and neighbours where coming out their house or opening the window.
No, they thought: "What a beautiful sound! I'll go and have a look what nice bike comes here!"
And they were right! Definitely one of the nicest caferacers I've ever seen!! Gorgeous!!!

Best regards and good success!

Sven
sven
GP Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blue blitz on Wed 20 Jan - 0:05

Thanx! Anyway it still needs lots of work. Now that it's a bit warmer I can start again in the coming weeks. Don't like -10°C in a shed without heating...

blue blitz
Lazy Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chortiz11 on Sat 17 Sep - 23:51

Hey man what rear-sets did you use for this bike? I've been looking into ordering some that would require only minor modification. You did an amazing job by the way, it looks great.

chortiz11
Newcomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum