DADY'S NORTON MANX 1934

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DADY'S NORTON MANX 1934

Post  infrapista on Mon 1 Dec - 23:02

It's an old bad picture, but you can see the "beast"
My father bought it in 66, and use it many years for fun with friends on a old military aiport near our house...
A real monster, with monster voice...
It was sold in 90 at a great Motorcycle collector, who have totaly renoved it.
Now it's a very clean bike, but for me the bike have lost is soul...!!!

From Belgium :))) cheers cheers cheers

infrapista
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DADY'S NORTON MANX 1934

Post  ton-up on Tue 2 Dec - 1:41

that are some nice looking "vintage" pics you've got there
ton-up
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noisy Norton on Tue 2 Dec - 4:39

Thats a very sweet Norton!!! Too bad your Dad sold it. This is my Dad's cricket bat Norton from about 1929. Never did learn the exact year Thats my uncle on the bike. It too, was sold before the war and I tried to locate it but without success. Theres an old saying, "They are only original once." Restored Nortons are lovely to look at but thee is something special about a bike with wear and tear and stories to tell.[img][/img]
Noisy Norton
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ton-up on Tue 2 Dec - 11:20

beautiful picture
ton-up
Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infrapista on Tue 2 Dec - 23:40

Noisy Norton wrote:Thats a very sweet Norton!!! Too bad your Dad sold it. This is my Dad's cricket bat Norton from about 1929. Never did learn the exact year Thats my uncle on the bike. It too, was sold before the war and I tried to locate it but without success. Theres an old saying, "They are only original once." Restored Nortons are lovely to look at but thee is something special about a bike with wear and tear and stories to tell.[img][/img]

Very nice picture too

I agree with you about restoring an old historic motorcycle, it's like erasing his soul.

What do you think about restore and put a new finish on an original Jimmy Hendrix guitar...??? afro afro afro

From Belgium :)))

infrapista
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noisy Norton on Wed 3 Dec - 5:32

A few years ago a friend gave me his 1970 CB750 Honda. All original except he moved the igniton switch from under the tank up to the handlebars. His idea was that I chop it up and make it into a Bonneville racer. It was so original I couldn't bring myself to do it. Its not a spoltess bike by any means but I got it running and rode it for the summer. I parked it in the garage and went back to playing with my Norton. Buddy passed away suddenly a couple of weeks ago and now I know I can't restore it. I have to keep it as it is.

As to a Jimi Hendricks guitar. Did Jimi play it? If he did you can't touch it. If its a replica then re-finish it.

I'll throw this in for a laugh. Its my Aunt on an old flat tank Norton. Again I'm not sure when the photo was taken. I'm guessing early 30s.

[img][/img]
Noisy Norton
Speed Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top