F1 project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

F1 project

Post  rearset on Fri 23 Jan - 7:00

The next cafe begins, this one a 1975 CB750F1
I have not done much to it cafe wise yet, have been doing the ride necessary things like new bearings etc, mostly that is done now and time to move on to the cool factor. So far I have just done the bars. I have had these bars since 1970, I bought them new to fit on my new CB350, removed them when I sold the bike and just kept them:-)

Ok the below two pics are where I am at now, It will stay pretty much like this for about 2 months, I am riding it to a rally in a few weeks and will rebegin on my return.
the 3rd pic is where I am heading except i won't be blingingg the motor till I need to remove it perhaps one day, In Australia we need to fit a rear guard so i am going to fab up a huger type one.

the 4th pic is a forum members bike with the tank I like, I may try to find one or attack the current tank......... cheers.chris

rearset
Racer

View user profile http://www.netbikes.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: F1 project

Post  Hofman on Sat 24 Jan - 2:05

Hey chris,

Great to see that somebody from Australia is working on a caferacer.
I'm looking forward to see your ideas about how to build a caferacer!
Keep up the good work
Hofman
Veteran Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rearset on Sun 25 Jan - 4:17

Hi Hofman, are you in AU as well?
Yes the cafe trend is growing, again, here, when I grew up in the 60's/70's it was pretty common to cafe a bike, at least put drop bars on them, by the 80 everything had gone to shit including the music, the 90's for me was family stuff, house kids = car etc. Now I am free again and time to re introduse the coolest bikes ever, Cafe Racers. Actually I was riding about yesterday on the F1 and thinking, I'm just livin the dream:-)

rearset
Racer

View user profile http://www.netbikes.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  GILAFUERA on Sun 25 Jan - 5:01

hey rearset i like that tank too, good luck whit your proyect, i'd like to see some more pictures later, take care, see you
GILAFUERA
Novice Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top