my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  650zed on Fri 10 Apr - 9:23

my cb450 that started as a basket case
[Post by Renegadmonk ; moved here by Admin]



This was taken the day i after i brought it home...it was given to me by a co worker wanting his garage cleaned out.


nice pristine battery compartment...lol

redone compartment

finished bike other than a few mods i still want to do.


_________________
Horse Power to the people!


z650 Kawa Power
avatar
650zed
Administrator

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 88
Location : Utrecht Zed City - The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.z650.12r.org

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  Hofman on Fri 10 Apr - 10:59

Nice bike with a beautiful engine!! Like the stand up position of the two cilinders very much.

To be honest: I think the seat is a little bit to big. A little bit smaller hub would be better in mine opinion.
avatar
Hofman
Veteran Racer

Posts : 210
Join date : 2009-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  renegadmonk on Fri 10 Apr - 15:03

Hofman wrote:Nice bike with a beautiful engine!! Like the stand up position of the two cilinders very much.

To be honest: I think the seat is a little bit to big. A little bit smaller hub would be better in mine opinion.

probably right but it is oh so comfortable.... Very Happy

renegadmonk
Lazy Racer

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  andreas on Fri 10 Apr - 21:56

renegadmonk wrote:
Hofman wrote:Nice bike with a beautiful engine!! Like the stand up position of the two cilinders very much.

To be honest: I think the seat is a little bit to big. A little bit smaller hub would be better in mine opinion.

probably right but it is oh so comfortable.... Very Happy

Hi renegadmonk - how old are you, that you talk about "comfort" on a cafe racer?? A little bit suffering must be on a bike like that! Wink Andreas
avatar
andreas
Moderator

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-11-29
Age : 56
Location : North Germany

View user profile http://www.retrospeedstyle61.de

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  renegadmonk on Fri 10 Apr - 22:09

andreas wrote:
renegadmonk wrote:
Hofman wrote:Nice bike with a beautiful engine!! Like the stand up position of the two cilinders very much.

To be honest: I think the seat is a little bit to big. A little bit smaller hub would be better in mine opinion.

probably right but it is oh so comfortable.... Very Happy

Hi renegadmonk - how old are you, that you talk about "comfort" on a cafe racer?? A little bit suffering must be on a bike like that! Wink Andreas


LOL....i get little comfort at all on my ZX12 so i figured at least i can get it somewhere while riding. Actually when my friend made the seat i knew it would have some cushion to it but not that much but still.....i like it. Plan on regular cafe seat in the future but will have to do with what i have now.

renegadmonk
Lazy Racer

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

more in-progress pics

Post  renegadmonk on Fri 10 Apr - 22:38


another original photo

patio teardown

powdercoated silver

the rebuild

that rusty piston was a bitch to unsieze

yep worn out torsion bars are gone replaced with spring kit, 5mm valves, and other headwork done by Terry Naughtin of Team Hansen Honda


Last edited by renegadmonk on Fri 10 Apr - 22:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

renegadmonk
Lazy Racer

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  Wallace on Sat 11 Apr - 1:03

The before and after pics show the work you've done.....and I like your heated workshop Very Happy
avatar
Wallace
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 57
Location : East Midlands, England

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wallace_world

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  Toecutter on Sat 11 Apr - 13:09

Very nice ! The silver powdercoat was a good choice

_________________
CB750 K6 '76 ; Work in Progress
avatar
Toecutter
Moderator

Posts : 1698
Join date : 2008-08-01
Age : 36
Location : Belgium, Schilde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  Hofman on Sat 11 Apr - 18:43

Indeed very nice. It is nice to see a clear frame just back from powdercoat
avatar
Hofman
Veteran Racer

Posts : 210
Join date : 2009-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my cb450 that started as a basket case [by Renegadmonk; moved here by Admin]

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum